Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Side Effects in the End

I thought I would record these since from now on it will get nothing but better! I will forget how it was if I don't put it here.

Until the past few weeks I was fine, other than the day of chemo. It's been getting gradually worse and lasting longer. Today I feel like I am coming down with something. I had a fever a few hours after the treatment, but it went down with Advil and a cool cloth and didn't come back. But it's the way I feel all the time basically. Every muscle in my body aches. my feet and hands are alternately tingling or numb. I have restless legs. Insomnia. headache. Blurry vision, nausea. My skin feels like it's tightening up on me. All over now, not just the scalp like before.

My fingertips and the side of my left hand - from the pinky to the wrist - feels like it's burned. John says it looks a little red. My hands and feet are swollen. Normally my wedding ring is really loose, but right now it's tight. My face is also swollen, and actually my entire body is bloated.

I can't sit still for long, but I can't get up and do much at a time either. I feel fine when I'm sitting, but when I get up and try to do something I tire very easily.

I am so happy this was my last one! I don't know if I could handle another!! The nurse thought I needed one more, because they were doing the Abraxane 3 on/1 off. This last cycle I only had 2. But the doctor had told me that since I had the first 2 doses of Taxol we wouldn't have to finish the cycle, just end after 12 weeks. By my math I actually had an extra dose, so maybe that's why I feel so bad this time? If I had done Abraxane the entire time I would have done 3 cycles of 3 on/ 1 off (for a total of 12 weeks). But instead I had 2 Taxol, then 1 week off (the week I had the reaction), then 2 cycles of Abraxane, then the last 2 weeks. So did I have extra or not?? I think I did. But I guess it doesn't matter at this point - whatever - it's OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment: