Wednesday, November 9, 2011

I Forgot

It's very embarrassing to me to be forgetting everything from what word comes next in the sentence, to the right word to describe something, to scheduling something important (then getting myself or whoever where they need to be), down to remembering what I did or didn't do. Like signing a kid up for a field trip (I did, but don't remember doing it or anything else about it) or a conversation someone says they had with me.

So it would be nice if those closest to me could remember that this happens to me, and that I HATE it with every fiber of my being, and just play along, so to speak. Instead of this: when I ask where the field trip is going, don't say "you should know, you signed the permission slip". Or if I ask about something and we just discussed it last night and it's plain from my asking that I don't remember, just maybe answer the question instead of making me feel like crap for asking.

I know it seems petty in the big scheme of things, but it isn't petty to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment