Sunday, September 4, 2011

Cold and Flu Season

I think it's going to be a long one. I'm still trying to recover from the cold I caught 2 weeks ago. It turned into a sinus infection, which luckily I realized in time to get meds before the holiday weekend/Tropical storm. I am on Day 3 of the 5 day Z-pac and not feeling as much better as I should, so I may have to get more meds. Grr. I hate taking antibiotics because they always cause yeast issues. This time I am keeping myself well dosed on probiotics and haven't had any issues there so far.

This morning in church it seemed like all I could hear was other people coughing and hacking. Even the pastor had a cold, I could hear it in her voice. I tried not to hug people but they are all so friendly. I may have to stop going for now, if a simple COLD can wreak this kind of havoc on me while my white count is awesome! I'm really torn, because I need to get out and do stuff!

The whole family is going to have to get a flu shot which I also hate. I'm not sure if I can get one while on chemo. I can't remember what they said. Ugh, I don't want to! *pout and stamp feet*

Other than that - still no side effects. I wasn't sure at first, since they said side effects could include flu-like symptoms. So maybe I actually have had some and just don't know it. However, I feel that if I don't know I am having them, they don't count!

Week 3 coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment