Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Abraxane

The total treatment time today was less than 2.5 hours. I still needed Benadryl. I'm not sure why. I had read that it isn't needed with the Abraxane and she said he was giving it "just in case". Then she said they give it with the Herceptin anyway. There was also an anti-nausea drug. SO I need to ask the doctor if these are really necessary.

Of course I got really loopy from the Benadryl. I could not sleep because I had restless legs. I came home and took a nap and feel really drugged. I didn't feel like this after the Taxol; I was able to function and even go to meetings on Tuesday night. I definitely wouldn't be able to do anything like that tonight, and it's from being super groggy.

I won't have to wait till 1:00 from now on. They had the drug at the Covington office and didn't get it to this office in time. From now on they will have it here and I can go first thing in the morning again. Maybe I seem abnormally groggy right now just because I got it later in the day? If that's the case I should feel fine in a couple of hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment