Friday, September 9, 2011

Physical therapy

At the doctor yesterday I asked about exercise. Before I was diagnosed I had been starting to get back into decent shape (which is probably partially responsible for how well I've taken the treatment so far). After surgery I just let it go again. Now if I walk across the house it gets my heart rate up. One of the worries of chemo is damage to the heart, and I get tested regularly to be sure mine is up to the task, so I was really worried about it.

So the good news is I CAN exercise - in fact he set me up for physical therapy so I can ease into it properly. I'm excited! I have an appointment for next Wednesday. The only bummer is that I can't swim, which is my favorite exercise (and our club has an awesome indoor saltwater pool). John was concerned about germs in a public pool, and the doctor agreed. So the pool is out, but only till chemo is over, which isn't too much longer - hooray!

This weekend we're going up to visit our college son. We do this every September - it's Parents' Weekend and we love to go to the game and sit with the band. I was afraid I wouldn't get to go this year. I'm so happy that I am taking the chemo well and can actually DO things!


No comments:

Post a Comment