Monday, August 29, 2011

Week Two

First week seems to have gone great. I say "seems" because I caught my son's cold and have been sick since Saturday night! If it had happened sooner I wouldn't know for sure if it was sick or side effects, since they said I might expect flu-like symptoms. But this was far enough out, and my son was sick Thursday and Friday. I stayed away from him, which I hated because instead of mothering him I was treating him like a leper! I think I actually got it from my husband. On Friday he said he was getting it but Saturday morning kissed me. I said, aren't you sick? And he said he didn't think so. We're going to have to come to an understanding I guess because while I hate to not kiss my husband, I can't tax my immune system either.

So after all the snafus last week the BIG thing was seeing how I would feel! And I have to admit I mostly felt great! Tuesday I slept through most of the treatment because of the Benadryl. I expected to take a nap when I got home but wasn't sleepy anymore. I cooked dinner and did all my usual stuff. Since I have Open House this Tuesday, I was happy to find that I would have been just fine to go out that night.

The only big thing was that I couldn't sleep Tuesday night AT ALL. I was WIDE awake too, not just the usual insomnia. I was up till time to get the kids up for school, then I went back to bed for several hours and slept. The rest of the week I slept fine. I have added Melatonin to my evening routine and it seems to help. I have not been sleepy at 10 PM in years!

Because of the timing after the last cycle I was most worried about Thursday. Plus, that's my Girl Scout night so I want to be up for that. Again I was fine. I remained fine and went horseback riding with the girls on Saturday - even riding myself which I had not planned on doing - and may not have been the best idea because when the day is already hot as hell, and you are on top of a horse, it is NOT the place you want to get a hot flash!! Luckily we were coming in and I asked them to get me down before any of the girls. I'm not sure what would have happened if we'd still been back in the woods.

Tomorrow is #2 - hopefully it will go the same way!

No comments:

Post a Comment