Sunday, August 7, 2011

Update

Just a little update from last time. It took me 2 full days longer to recover from the last treatment. I was starting to wonder if I would ever get better. But when I finally did it was pretty quick as usual. Like I couldn't eat anything Monday morning, and by evening I was snarfing down a steak in a restaurant. I can't tell you how happy I am to be DONE with that red crap!!!

News about the next drug. I am going to ask if I can try it every week for the first 3 weeks, then if it is making me sick for too long I can switch back to every 3 weeks on the same schedule (since everything fits so neatly into that window). He is going to think I am nuts but newsflash: I DO NOT CARE. I can't control anything else about this mess but I am going to put my foot down and be a bitch on this one. Blah.

I went on a solo road trip this weekend to a class reunion. It was 8 hours away in Arkansas. I moved away from there and didn't graduate with them but they wanted me to go. It was really fun and I'm glad I went. Glad I can still do some things in my TWO GOOD WEEKS that make the doctor think I am crazy. Well, I won't let cancer control me, OK? So there.

No comments:

Post a Comment