Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Toodles, Adriamycin!!

Today was my last treatment of the evil red stuff. Adriamycin. Hooray! Once I get over this treatment I will be done with it forever!

Next I will do Taxol and Herceptin. I would explain what they are but I haven't a clue. Taxol is the chemo and it's supposed to be easier on me. He had told me we would do that every 3 weeks. The Herceptin is every week so I will have to go every week. Then yesterday he told me we would do the Taxol weekly too. I was super upset because I have just planned my fall schedule with 1 week down, 2 weeks good! Today I was crying to the nurse about it and she went to talk to him about it. He said OK we can do it every 3 weeks if I want to. I think what I really want it to try it weekly and see how I feel. A lady there said she was only down for the rest of the day and then went to work. If I feel good on weekly I can do that as it's a lower dose. I would expect to feel worse on the 3 week dose but I would still have 3 great weeks. I was crying because I have grown to count on having TWO great weeks and I felt like doing it weekly was not only thrown at me (I know he told me 3 weeks at first - I wrote it down, and John also remembers). One of the worst things I face is the lack of control over my life. I can handle anything better if I know what's happening as much as possible!

And the lady I met last week that was getting her first treatment? I told her she looks familiar today. Turns out she is a Girl Scout leader whose daughter just graduated. She has actually been asking around to see if any troop needs a co-leader! Well, I happen to be looking for one. Mine moved over the summer. None of my parents were willing or able to commit so it looked like I would just be able to get help from them but not a commitment. So to me this is HUGE! Now we can divide up duties and my load will be much less.

The down side is she is on the same treatment schedule as I am so we still have that to work around, but I had already figured out a solution for that. Hooray!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it amazing how God puts people in our lives. He put you in my life and you lead me to the Lord!

    ReplyDelete