Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I do have a life, you know.

I've said many times I don't think the doctors realize this. From the very first appointment, where I had NO SAY in what day or time but they just called me and said, not "how's Friday at 10?" but "he will see you Friday at 10", to now.

Last week I realized my appointment card said Thursday, the 18. I figured it must be a mistake since my treatment was scheduled for Tuesday, the 16th...right? So I called and was told no, it was right. I asked about the treatment and was told I was not scheduled for a treatment this week. HUH!!! So they put me through to the nurse who said oh, sometimes they like to wait an extra week or two before doing the new drug, to give you time to recover. Only NO ONE EVER TOLD ME THAT. Not even when I was in TEARS in his office crying about my schedule being messed up with the weekly thing. Would have been the perfect time to tell me about this, don't you think?

Then I found out he is on vacation and won't be back till the 18th anyway, so there was nothing I could do about it. Now I am wondering if this whole "wait" thing is due to him being on vacation??

So I've had a week to figure out what I want to ask or say to him. Bottom line is I don't really care about anything except my schedule. I want him to do whatever needs to be done in order to get me back on that. Sound unreasonable? I really don't care. I am tired of being treated like a big ginormous hunk of walking cancer.

I have a life, and things to do. I am not sick. I'm not sick, that is, until they stick a needle in my port and shoot me up with crap I don't really want to take. I'm doing what I have to do, but I also have other things to do, and I'm tired of the doctor acting like I am just lying around waiting for the next appointment.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure he actually HAS patients like that. But I am not one of those, and he needs to realize the difference, and at least TELL ME what is going on.

If I hadn't been sobbing in his office that day I could write it off as a fluke. But since I did actually sob in his office, and he still didn't tell me, I can only assume he didn't want any dramatics before his vacation. Yeah? I think that is a perfectly reasonable assumption.

So he is going to do whatever it takes to get me back onto my schedule. We'll see what that entails, but it WILL be happening, you can bank on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment