Thursday, October 18, 2012

Well Stated

Posted on Facebook by a friend. Perfectly stated.

"wearing pink is cute. Cancer is not cute. Too many friends and family members are all too aware of how awful cancer is and how bad it sucks...kidney, breast, liver, bone, blood, lung, skin, brain, ovarian, and others I do not mean to neglect have affected my family and friends so horrifically. I don't need October to be aware. I don't need NFL players to wear pink socks. In fact, they've ruined pink for me. My dad died of mesothelioma before he should have and he valued education over anything. Send your kids to school...promote math and science. Help them go to college. The only thing that is going to win the battle against cancer is an educated "next generation". Not a football game."

Stupid Pink of the day, of course, is:

No comments:

Post a Comment