Tuesday, October 9, 2012

An Article a Day

In "celebration"* of Breast Cancer Awareness Month (tm, I'm sure), I have decided to post an article a day for the rest of the month. From what I have been able to find so far, there will probably be more than one a day. I will post the link to the article followed by my comments.

My goal here is indeed to increase awareness. Not of breast cancer itself, because it is my firm belief that only the newborn babies in the hospital nursery are still not aware. And I am doubtful even about that. We are all aware of breast cancer's existence, but what else can you tell me about it? Hopefully, reading this blog  for the next few weeks will change that.

I've just finished watching the movie "Pink Ribbons, INC". Watch the trailer here. Quote: :If people actually knew what was happening, they would be really pissed off". She goes on to say that anger is not a problem, depending on what we do with it. Well, I *am* pissed off, and I asked myself what I could do with it. Raising this awareness is what I have chosen to do.

My first installment will be later today.

* yes, that term is actually used.

No comments:

Post a Comment