Friday, June 3, 2011

Great week

This has been a great week! I have felt completely normal. I have been working at GS day camp. I wasn't sure I would be able to at all but I've been there every day. By yesterday I was slowing down a bit and did more sitting, but although I am really tired I'm not any more tired than any other week of camp.

I hope the pattern holds for future treatments. I feel like I can totally do this if I get TWO good weeks in between the bad. The timing for this was perfect. The next one is the same timing before Cub Scout day camp and my class reunion. Unfortunately all the kids will be gone to camp during a good week. I would much rather have them gone during a bad one. Oh well I am trying not to worry too much about the future because I may feel completely different after the next one!

All I know is I used to take weeks like this for granted, and I hope I never do again. It has just been a perfectly boring, normal week. I love it! :-)

Now I am still having issues with dealing with other people. I can't stand when people come up to me and pat me on the back like I am a poor little puppy when they ask how I am doing. I am happy to be asked and to tell the entire story but PLEASE for goodness sake don't treat me like I am likely to keel at any second! Also it is NOT CATCHING so you don't have to shy away from me. Also and this is IMPORTANT please give me a little bit of credit! I KNOW I need to take it easier at camp and I sure as hell know I need to drink water, good grief!

I have not been back to church since my diagnosis and frankly I am dreading going back although I said I would this Sunday. I hope I am wrong but I am expecting them to all crowd around me with that sympathetic look in their eyes. I can't stand even thinking about that. I also HATE being talked about. A friend's husband was sick a few months ago and she would send out e-mail updates/prayer requests. I enjoyed getting them but after my surgery I was somewhere with her and another friend and she was updating us and I started thinking, wow, I would really HATE to be the one people are standing around talking about -- oh poor K, her poor kids, blah blah. Then they see me and all the "oh you poor little bunny, you mean they are letting you out in public?" starts. Ugh. LOL. I guess I need an attitude adjustment but good grief!!

Actually people the cancer is GONE and now we are just treating it. Please treat me normally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For this reason I have not made any further announcements to anyone. If you don't already know, then you will either find it out from someone else or just happen to hear it from me - not as an announcement but just a fact of life - which is all "it" is. I was debating whether to make any general statement on Facebook and decided against it. All I need is 5000 poor little bunny statements on my page. No thank you!

I feel like a bitch saying all this but it's the truth, so there it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment