Monday, July 16, 2012

it's the Tamoxifen

I was off Tamoxifen for 2 weeks. I was feeling mostly good. not great - but mostly OK. Today is Day 3 and I feel like total crap again. If how I am feeling is a side effect of anything (and not just the weather or something) it is definitely the Tamoxifen.

I won't be taking it again. I may look into the alternatives but they are supposed to have even worse SEs.

According to Dr. L, the D3 improves my stats even more than the Tamox. Rationally, I am not worried. Emotionally, I am terrified. But realistically, it's all a crapshoot. There is no reason to worry when you're damned if you do, damned if you don't.

All i *DO* know is that I can not live like this. So, goodbye, Tamoxifen.

Once I feel better again from this, I may go back and try the herceptin again. However, with just 11 more weeks to go I am not worried about finishing that either.

No comments:

Post a Comment