Monday, February 6, 2012

The burn!

It burns. it burns. It really burns.

I haven't gotten any silvadene yet. I'm taking Advil, and that probably helps the most. As long as I stay on it and don't let it wear off. I am not using the soak as much as I am supposed to but it doesn't really seem to help. I read to double the amount of powder and lay down longer. Since I feel like going back to bed this morning anyway I'll try that (did I mention the tired??). I was surfing around on message boards for more info. Most say that silvadene doesn't really work that well. It sort of makes sense when you think that with most burns, the goal is ultimately healing. You don't expect to use the meds and then burn yourself again right away, which is what I'm essentially doing. Imagine John returning from the ER to hold another roman candle in his hands and it also explodes in his hand.

Anyway, I whine a lot, but it's not debilitating or anything. I'll live.

3 more full treatments, and 3 little ones. I found out those are called "boosts". Whatever - by this time next week I'll be headed for the last one!

No comments:

Post a Comment