Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Ahhh

I had my last day of radiation today!

Exciting as that is, it's going to take some time until I am feeling better. The burns are pretty bad. Around the scar where they did the boosts just HURTS. it's is burned, too, but it also just HURTS deep down. I don't know if that's from burn or what. it almost feels like I was punched.

My side is actually better, although that would be earlier than they said. The skin is peeling but not so badly that it would get infected, at least not yet. The worst part is up under my neck, just above where the tumor was. The doctor says there are lymph nodes there so it got special attention. It blistered up a couple of weeks ago but they popped and it stings really bad. My clothes rub against it. Anything I put on it stings.

Pain pills really do make it all better....if only they lasted long enough to get me through the night. I think I've worked out a routine where I take the hydrocodone at 9:00 then some advil right before going to bed around midnight. That lasts long enough so that I don't wake up at 4 wanting to scream!

They said it would get worse before it gets better, but hopefully not!!

Anyway, one more step is over. I was going to make a decision on the herceptin at this point but I hadn't researched it anymore. I think as long as I'm not having any adverse side effects I'll just keep on truckin' for now.

I have to wait 4 - 6 months before having any surgery, so I have time to decide on that as well. I am cleared to go for my yearly check and get mammogram/ultrasound etc so I will probably go ahead and schedule that, but for now it looks like I am just in a little period of time when I can relax and get back to normal. I'm really looking forward to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment