Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Tamoxifen

I bought it, I took it. Today. A week later than I was supposed to, but I am now and will see it through.

I was still very conflicted about it. Today at herceptin I told the nurse I was nervous and she took the time to talk me through it and find out what the problem really was (my nurses are really awesome!). Finally it hit me that after all this chemo, radiation, everything else I am worried about a little pill?? How often have I found that the bad things listed really happen to me? I personally know two real life friends who have taken or are still taking it and both of them say they have had no side effects at all (one year and 5 years).

I think I just so want everything to be over that I was digging in my heels. I decided not to do that. I will take it. And I am not going to read anything more about it because that only stresses me out. if I have side effects I will discuss them with my doctor. Either way, I'll soldier on.

No comments:

Post a Comment