Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Not Much Going On

I guess it's a good thing when I don't have anything to write in here. :)

I am about to head out for Herceptin so I only have a minute. I have been on Tamoxifen for a week and no side effects yet. Knock on wood. I am still having headaches and pretty bad insomnia. I had been taking advil for the headaches and it helped, but the doctor called last week and said my creatinine levels were up. He asked if I take advil and said that could cause it. It's an indicator of kidney problems so hopefully cutting out the advil will make it go back to normal. it's been a week without that as well, mostly I am just living with a headache although I did buy some tylenol the other day. I had stopped taking it b/c it can damage the liver. Damned if you do, damned if you don't, right? I have an entire long entry I would like to write on that topic someday. To get a quick preview, just look around at what you eat/wear/breathe/think and tell me what DOESN'T cause damage to your health.

Dr. M said the creatinine level is nothing to do with Herceptin, but I looked it up anyway. The only things I could find on the topic are posts on message boards. it seems that a lot of herceptin patients have it too. Anecdotal evidence I know - maybe they are all overdosing on advil as well.

But it does remind me that I would be perfectly comfortable stopping herceptin now. I had decided to stay on it as long as I'm not having side effects. We'll see what the next few blood tests show.

No comments:

Post a Comment