Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Other Test Results

I got copies of both my last 2 blood tests today. My creatinine is back down to normal range (this was taken 2 days after the first one). So I'll have to ask how that can be. When I took the 2nd one it had been less than 24 hours since I had advil, so I wouldn't think that would do it.

1st test - 1.74
2nd test - 0.65
("normal" is 0.60 - 1.40, so the 2nd is even on the low end!)


Other items of interest -

my glucose level was normal (102 - high side of normal) the first time, then 106 the second (normal is up to 105).

TSH was 0.07 which is low, which is interesting since I am on Armour thyroid. The low level suggest HYPERthyroid, not hypo, which I am (supposedly). I need to do some more research and talk to the doctor about this one. Normal starts at 0.30, so this is markedly low. When I was diagnosed, they used symptoms rather than test results because the test is flawed, so I am not overly concerned. Also, I still have many of the symptoms. If anything I would think I would need more medicine than less. I had just chalked that up to all this cancer medication.

I had him check my Vitamin D level the second time, since I am on the supplements and you can overdose. it is way on the low end of normal. I will need to dig out my old results to see what it was before I started taking it. Mine is 38 (normal is 30 - 100). Since actual, real, non-quack studies have shown that Vitamin D deficiency is important in breast cancer, I definitely need to follow up on this. It doesn't seem possible that it could be that low when I am taking 5000 per day.

I made another appointment with the nutritional oncologist for a phone consult in a few weeks, so hopefully he can shed some light on this for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment