Sunday, January 22, 2012

Well, there's One Decision.

I got my packet from the breast clinic, which did not have any financial applications, like they said. But anyway, the main thing that stands out to me is they won't do surgery for 3-4 months post-radiation so my skin has a chance to heal.

So, that puts me to July. Which is OK really. If they couldn't do it right away, I wanted to wait till July. That gives me the chance to do my Scout camps and such, and enjoy at least part of the summer with the kids. I don't want to wait until fall because fall is such a busy time. it would be nice to be recovered in time to take Andrew to college for the first time (sniff). So my window of opportunity is perfect for early July - early September.

But now I am forced to admit that I am scared to death to keep my other breast for that long. I am terrified that cancer will develop there. I am still obsessively checking it multiple times a day, and I still feel phantom pains (that the doctor says are from my obsessive checking). Vicious circling at its finest.

So now we're back to the dilemma of getting that done right away or waiting. I guess maybe I can ask the doctor to step in for some questions on Tuesday, and I can also call the clinic and get some advice (and the financial papers). Meh. Why can't just one thing be easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment