Friday, January 20, 2012

Insurance Crap

It really is true that some insurance companies will do whatever it takes to avoid paying legitimate bills for as long as possible. I truly hope this entry shows up in search engines when anyone is looking for reviews on Humana. I have no idea how to put keywords to make that happen, so if anyone knows fill me in and I will edit as needed. if I ever have a CHOICE on health insurance companies it will NEVER. EVER. EVER be Humana, no matter what they may do to try to make up for the incompetence they have shown me in just 3 short weeks!

Here is a list of issues, in no particular order.

* Denying coverage because the primary insurance has not paid yet. THEY ARE THE PRIMARY AND ONLY INSURANCE WE HAVE. This has continually happened even after I have called them and "straightened it out" twice already.

* Misspelling three of our names. TWICE.

* Putting a birthday wrong. THREE TIMES.

* Finally, they told someone yesterday they are declining all coverage on me due to pre-existing condition. Well, they can't do that. We followed all the rules and jumped through all the hoops to do everything right. If you have continuing coverage, they can not claim pre-existing. Yet they are.

The clinic told me not to worry, that they are just stalling. Yet *I* am the one who has to call AGAIN and talk to an idiot who is certainly just parroting the company line, raising MY stress level and potentially hindering MY treatment at what is alreay the most stressful time of my life!

Yay for Humana, who also conveniently has limited mental health care for when they drive me batsh*t INSANE after all their BS!

So if you have a choice - DO NOT GET HUMANA!!!!! Tell your boss! Do what you have to do!

I have no idea if all companies do this but a friend in health care says they are one of the worst for wanting to put off paying. Beware!!

EDIT: I spoke to Kate at Humana. Yes, I was polite - it's not Kate's fault. She says they never got the paperwork on my old insurance, which is a lie, and we both know it. But she says it's fixed now. Whether that is also a lie remains to be seen. In the meantime I will still show in the system as pre-existing for TWO ENTIRE WEEKS. Yup! So I have a reference number and I get to go around to all my various providers and give them that and ask them to call so they can verify my coverage. And oh, please continue giving me thousands-of-dollars-a-pop treatments in the meantime while you wait two MORE weeks for your money, K? No problem, I'm sure! Case closed.

And with that, I am tired of whining about Humana. I will leave it at HUMANA SUCKS EGGS and promise to update if that ever changes. Off to radiation and then to the pool!

No comments:

Post a Comment