Sunday, January 20, 2013

Recovering from Surgery

Yes, I did have the hysterectomy on the 17th. I am home recovering. I didn't expect it to be easy, but WOW, it has been worse than I thought! They inject with gas, so the robot can see its way around better. Then my body has to get rid of the gas. The gas is not in the normal places you expect to find gas and pass it easily. It has to work its way out. I was told they would use the gas, but I don't remember being told about the rest, or how much it would hurt!

Apparently a laproscopic hysterectomy is usually an outpatient these days, but for some reason they had me scheduled to stay overnight. Good thing, since the pain didn't hit me until about 7 am the next day. I had no idea what it was from. It was in my shoulders, which I would never have thought to blame on gas! It was excruciating. I could not lie down for the rest of the day, in fact I did not lie down until this morning, 2 days after the pain hit. I have been managing in my recliner, although it was not that comfortable either.

I feel miles different today. it still hurts, but I plan to walk around quite a bit and should get much better sleep now that I can get into my bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment