Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Giving Blood

Over the years I have given blood. Not really all that often. There was often some medical thing keeping my blood from being desirable, like anemia and thyroid medication. But I gave it when I could. I just found out that I will not be able to donate blood ever again. I may or may not be able to donate my organs - something I feel very strongly about doing - it will depend on which organ and how long it's been since chemo and some other things. But that's OK. Because now, according to the article, there is a great way for all you guys who say "I wish I lived closer so I could help" to help. Go donate your own blood! It said you could do it in my name, I don't know if that was literal or figurative and what the point would be. Just donate blood, and think of me when you do. Edit: on further searching it looks like maybe I will be able to. http://www.kantrowitz.com/cancerpoints/donatingblood.html But it will still be at least 5 years till I can, so still, go donate! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment